Google has emerged as the saviour for our busy selves in the modern era. Whether it is the maps or the app store or document editing in real life, Google offers all of it and for free!
One such amazing service is Gmail. What started as a competitor to AOL and Yahoo has now turned as the biggest email service offered in the world.
Gmail has a clean interface with a lot of features to offer to its users. Writing the same mail repeatedly and forwarding it, could be a time consuming and frustrating task.
However, with Gmail templates, you can respond to emails faster and in a better way.
So, what are email templates and why should I use one?
In simple laymen terms, templates help you automate the process of sending the same redundant email all the time. This way, you type less and send responses fast.
All you need to do is set up an auto-response and save it; load it the next time you need to type an email.
While Gmail itself has automated templates called as canned responses, there are some other software too which help in making your work life easy.
Read on to find out!
Gmail Templates: Respond to mails in less than 60 seconds with Canned Responses
Gmail has inbuilt templates called as Canned Responses. All you have to do is to follow few simple steps and save them in Settings.
Sounds great! How do I go about it?
1. Click on the top right corner of your Gmail account.
2. Then click on Settings.
3. Go to Labs tab, scroll down and click enable under Canned Responses section.
4. Scroll down and click Save Changes. You’re done!
Creating a New Gmail Template
Now we’re going to create a new gmail template.
1. Click on the down arrow in the lower right corner of the new message window.
2. Then, click Canned responses > New canned response. Name the template as per your need; here i named it as “Thanks for your response”.
3. Add relevant body message and save it by clicking on desired template under save section of the canned responses. Here how i did it in my case.
Inserting the canned response in mailer body content
1. While composing a new mail, click on Canned responses in the menu and select the desired template under Insert.
2. Template is inserted. Fill in the “To:”fields. Custom edit the message if required and send. It might take some time getting used to, but you’ll thank this tip later. Trust me!
This template feature is in-built within Gmail. If you’re looking for some colorful and innovative templates, check out the services offered by third party extensions into Gmail or even creating one of your own.
Gmail Templates: Colorful, Unique and Vibrant Templates from cloudHQ
CloudHQ offers a Google extension which lets you insert predefined templates into your emails.
Follow these steps to have beautiful templates added to your emails:
- Add the Gmail Email Templates extension to your device from Google Store.
- After you add the extension, Go back to Gmail and click on Compose.
- Now click on Insert template, right next to Send.
- Now choose the message in the template you want to share with the clients and upload it.
- The template is now ready to be shared with your clients.
- Click Send once you see your message placed within the body of the email. You’re done.
Gmail Templates: Creating Custom HTML Templates with Publicate
If you want custom HTML email templates without any third party extensions try out Publicate. You can easily create custom HTML email templates in minutes, just by dragging and dropping. After signing up, all you need to do is to create the template in HTML format, save it and drag it on to your Template section right next to send option while you Compose an email.
I hope with these colourful and ready-to-use custom templates, you can respond to emails faster in Gmail. Happy working everybody!